We are looking to recruit a HR Manager to join our friendly team located at our Head Office in Bolton. In this role you are required to work 42.5 hours per week.
The proposed shift pattern is:
Monday to Friday 9.00am till 5.30pm
This position is permanent depending on a 6 month temporary period.
As a HR manager, you can expect to be involved in a senior position with responsibility for the following:
- Leading and directing the human resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business
- Employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinary, grievances and sickness
- Measuring employee satisfaction and identifying areas that require improvement
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Learning and development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Training: Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement
- Recruitment and retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Reward advice and supporting employees on company benefits
- Policy and procedures implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes
You can also expect your HR manager role to be involved in:
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensuring line managers are up to date with changes to any policies
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues
- Dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
- Crafting of business and people solutions
- Managing HR budgets
HR manager skills and essentials
HR manager need to demonstrate a wide range of skills across a variety of sectors.
As an HR manager, you be expect to show:
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Have a CIPD or equivalent qualification
- A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
You can either send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote the job in the subject box of the email) or send your CV via post to: The HR Department, The Manor House, 200 St Helens Rd, Bolton BL3 4EB.
Please note The Manor Pharmacy Group reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.